On this page, you can link your online store to one or more domains and create email accounts.
You will need an active domain, which you can register and activate with a variety of hosting providers. On the landing page you can now link your domain(s) to your online store. This can be done in two ways, as follows:
- Name server link - Everything is operated through Lightspeed, your website as well as your email.
- DNS link - Only the website is operated through Lightspeed, u retain full email control.
Click here for information about connecting your domain.
No subscription yet
Before implementing the link you first have to put your store online. Proceed with the following steps:
- Enter your registered and active domain name.
- Navigate to MY ACCOUNT > Subscription in the left menu of the back office and select the desired subscription.
- Enter the desired link on your hosting site; choose either DNS or name server, it can take up to 48 hours to activate the link.
Add a domain name
Your online store has now gone live. You can link it to an active domain, or several of them. This goes as follows:
- Navigate to SYSTEM > Settings > Website settings > Domain & Emails in the left menu of the back office.
- Click on Add a domain in the navigation at the top of the page to add a domain name.
- A pop-up window appears, where you can enter your domain and Synchronize with mailserver. Note: You only have to synchronize with mailserver is you are linked using name server
- Enter the domain and correct extension (.uk, .com etc.) and click Save. Note: enter the name only, without the "www."-prefix!
Your online store is now linked to your domain. You can no longer change the domain, you can however remove it by clicking the red stop sign icon to the far right. After removal confirmation you will be prompted to enter your password.
Do you have several domains and want to set a specific domain as the default? Then click on the star icon to the right of the desired domain.
You can only create a email address if you are linked via Nameserver. Linked via DNS? You need to create a email address externally.
Navigate to SYSTEM > Settings > Website settings > Domain & Emails and click on Emails in the navigation at the top of the screen. Click on Add email account to add a new email address. A pop-up window appears, where you can enter your email. Note: only add the name like info, without the "@domainname".
Click on the email address to open a pop-up where you can change e.g. your password and the forward email address.
- Email - This is the email address you've created. You cannot change it.
- Username - You can change your username and use it to login into webmail (Note: We advice to use your entire email address)
- Forward emails - Activate the switch to add a forward email address.
Warning! If you set a forward, you can no longer login into the webmail.
- Password - Click Show/Edit to reveal and change the password.