If you want to replace your current domain name with a new one, you must set up a connection for yourself and your hosting provider.
Implementing changes with your hosting provider
You connect your new domain name with eCom though a CNAME connection. The CNAME record always uses a subdomain. Point the CNAME record to the shop's Lightspeed URL.
For example: Your Lightspeed URL is coolbeans.shoplightspeed.com and your customer URL isshop.coolbeans.com.
Create a shop.coolbeans.com CNAME that points to coolbeans.shoplightspeed.com.
Each domain name service has a different method for creating CNAME records, so contact your service provider for the instructions.
The time to live (TTL) for creating a CNAME can be anywhere from immediately to 48 hours. Contact Lightspeed eCom Support if your domain is not active after 48 hours.
For how to connect your domain name to eCom with your hosting provider go to Connecting your domain.
To change your domain name
After you connect your new domain name through a CNAME connection, you can replace the old one. Note: To avoid losing your ranking in Google, contact your hosting provider about creating redirects.
- On the left menu of the Back Office click Settings and from Website Settings choose Domains.
- Remove your old domain name by clicking its trash icon.
- Confirm that you want to delete the domain name.
- At the top of the screen click Add a domain.
- Enter your new domain name, without the www. prefix.
- Choose the correct extension, such as .com, and save your changes.