To link your online store to a domain, you first need an active domain, which you can register and activate with a hosting provider.
You must use a CNAME link. With a CNAME link, only the website is operated by Lightspeed eCom, and you full control your email. See Connecting your domain name for how to connect your domain.
To put your store online
Before you can implement the link must put your store online.
- On the left menu of the Back Office click Settings and from General Settings choose Your subscription.
- Choose a package and click Buy.
- Copy the phone number of your account manager and contact them to start your webshop.
- On your hosting site, enter the link you want to use and choose DNS or name server. It can take up to 48 hours to activate the link.
Add a domain name
After you online store goes live, link it to one or more active domains.
- On the left menu of the Back Office click Settings and from Website Settings choose Domains.
- t the top of the screen click Add a domain.
- Enter the domain name, choose an extension and save your changes.
Your store is now linked to your domain. If you have several domains click the star for the domain you want to make the default.
You can't edit a domain, but you can delete it by clicking its trashcan icon.