If you sell products that are available in a variety of versions, sizes, colors or configuration levels, you can create sets of product variants. This simplifies adding inventory to your store, and gives your customers different options for the same product.
You can create a maximum of 100 variants. For example:
- You have a t-shirt category with two product options, color and size.
- For color you have the options gray, black and white.
- For size you have the varieties S, M, L and XL. In total, you now have 3 x 4 = 12 variants in your product set.
To set pricing and inventory for individual product options go to Setting prices and stock for product variants.
To create a product set
- On the left menu of the Back Office go to Products > Product sets and at the top of the screen click Add a product set.
- Enter a Title for the product set, for example, t-shirts.
- Add options to the set, for example color and size. Click Add an option and enter the options you want to create.
- Add values to the set, such as sizes. Click Add a value and enter a value for a product option, such as S for small, M, L and OS (one size).
To apply a product set to a product
When you create a product, you can add a product set. From the Product Set list choose a product set, for example t-shirts.
You can also assign a product set to products that are already in your store. Note: The pricing and inventory settings are overwritten when you connect a product that's already in your store to a product set.
- On the left menu of the Back Office go to Products and choose the product you want to work with.
- From the Product set list choose the product set you want to apply and save your changes. The Inventory and Variants area refreshes to display the variants for the product set.
To edit variants
If you want to remove variants from a product, from the Action menu click Delete for the variant.
The variant can no longer be purchased through your online store. After you remove a variant, you can re-add it by clicking Add variant.
Click the green + next to the variant to add it to the product.