Millions of people across the globe use PayPal. Lightspeed eCom has PayPal Express Checkout integration, to help you take your online business worldwide.
To configure PayPal Express Checkout
- Create a PayPal Express Checkout account.
- On the left menu of Backoffice go to Settings and from Payment settings choose Checkout.
- At the top of the screen click Express checkouts > PayPal Express Checkout.
- Configure your settings.
- Enable this checkout - Activate to make PayPal Express available in your shop.
- Mode - Set to Live when you want to enable PayPal Express.
- Email address - Email address you use to log in to your PayPal Express account.
- API Username, Password & Signature – These are codes created by Paypal. You can find the API data by logging into your PayPal account.
- Minimum amount - Enter the minimum amount customers must spend to use PayPal Express Checkout.
- Maximum amount - Enter the maximum amount customers can spend using PayPal Express Checkout.
- Extra costs (fixed) - Activate if you want to charge extra costs, and specify the amount.
- Extra costs (percentage) - Activate if you want to charge extra costs, and specify the percentage.
- Extra costs (tax) - Activate if you want to charge VAT for using PayPal Express Checkout and select the rate. To create rates go to Settings and from PAYMENT SETTINGS choose Taxes.
- No extra costs above - If you charge extra costs, choose an amount above which extra costs will not be applied.
How does PayPal Express Checkout work?
With PayPal Express Checkout customers complete their purchase in just a few steps. Their shipping and invoice information is stored with PayPal, so they do not have to enter it again in your online store.
After customers select products, they click Buy with Paypal and go to the PayPal website, where they log in. They can modify their payment method and the shipping and invoice address, and are then redirected to your online store to complete the purchase by accepting your terms and conditions.