A successful online store relies on quick order delivery.
To create a shipping method
- On the left menu of Backoffice go to Settings and from SHOP SETTINGS choose Shipping methods.
- At the top of the screen click Add a shipping method.
- Add a title for the shipping method. This is the name that will be shown to customers, such as Regular Mail, Courier Service and FedEx.
- Select a shipping method type:
- Default delivery - Use this for shipping methods such as parcel services and mail delivered to a physical mailbox.
- Cash on delivery - Use this if you let customers pay for their orders when they receive them.
- Store pickup - Use this if you have a physical store where customers can pick up orders. If you use this option, make sure you have entered the pickup address in Settings > GENERAL SETTINGS > Company. List your physical address (preferably linked to Google Maps directions) in the contact details of your online store.
- After you create a shipping method you return to the overview page. Click the shipping method you have just created and configure these options:
Modifying a shipping method
- Title - The shipping method name to display in your online store.
- Description - Shipping method description to display in the checkout area of your online store.
- From Type select which kind of shipping method this is. This is the same type that you selected when you created it.
- From Tax specify a tax rate. To set up tax rates, on the left menu of Backoffice go to Settings > PAYMENT SETTINGS > Taxes and enter the amount
- In Free delivery above enter the amount at which you will not charge shipping costs.
- When you manually create an order in the back office through SHOP > Orders, you will enter shipping costs. These shipping costs can be different than the rates for your shipping methods. Select Only visible in the backoffice for these shipping costs to be visible only to you and your staff members.
CASH ON DELIVERY
Delivery costs associated with COD applies primarily applies to German markets. Enter this cost only if you have COD as a shipping method. Enter the additional cost you charge for allowing your customers to pay upon delivery.
These delivery costs are added to the shipping costs associated with weight. For example, if you want to charge your customers €5 for paying upon delivery, enter the standard shipping costs in Weights and 5 in the Delivery costs field.
Shipping costs depend on the total weight of a shipment. Even if you do not charge shipping costs, you have to verify this data.
Check that the weights entered fit in the weight class. If not, create an additional class, otherwise the products involved cannot be ordered or shipped.
Click Add a price to create a new weight class and enter the minimum (Weight from - starting at 0) and maximum (Weight up to2147483647 in grams), as well as the shipping costs (including VAT) you will charge your customers. Click Save to add the new weight class.
You can create multiple weight classes. If your last class ends at 10000 grams, enter a minimum weight of 10001 in the next class.
Click Change country selection and choose the countries that you'll accept orders from and ship to using this shipping method. If you charge different shipping costs for some countries, create the other shipping costs separately.