If a product is returned, you can create a return shipment and credit invoice for its order. Note: If customers request a new replacement product, manually create a new order.
- On the left menu of the Back Office go to Orders > Returns and click the return you want to work with.
- Click Create return. If you are processing the order immediately you can change the status to Products credited.
- Click the order number.
- In the Payment section click Create credit memo and reimburse the customer the amount owed.
- On the left menu click Invoices and set the credit invoice to Paid.
- On the left menu click Returns.
- Click the return shipment and edit it.
- New - Standard status of every new return.
- Pending – Use this to show the return is in process.
- Authorized – Use this if you have received returned products but have not yet shipped them. This lets you know that the return is ready to process.
- Repaired – Use this if customers return a products and receive another in return, or if a product needs to be repaired.
- Refunded – Use this if a return shipment has been processed and the customer has been reimbursed.
- Rejected – Use this if goods are returned that do not comply witn your return conditions, such as product that cannot be returned, because of incorrect or inappropriate use.
- Cancelled – Use this if a return shipment is no longer valid.
Return reason - Choose a reason why the product is returned. You can also create a return reason.
Return action – Enter the action, for example, exchanging a t-shirt for a larger-sized one. You can also create a return action.
Customer comments – Enter the customer's comments about the return. It will be visible only to you and other Back Office users.
Staff note – If your online store is managed by several users, you can add an internal note for them.
Is Stock Adjusted – Select whether to add the returned product to inventory. Do not add the product if, for example, it is faulty.
Notify customer – Use this to email the customer about the return status. To create the text of this email go to Settings and from WEBSITE SETTINGS choose Notification emails.