In the Backoffice of Lightspeed eCom you can create a quote which can be converted to an order.
- Navigate to SHOP > Orders > Orders in the left menu of the back office and click Create quote at the top at the right of the screen.
You can create a quote in only 5 steps:
Select the customer for which this quote needs to be created. Is it a new customer? Click Add new customer to enter the customer's data and select a customer type.
In step 2 you can check the address of the existing customer or fill in the address of the new customer.
Click Add a product to add a product variant to this quote. A pop-up window will open where you can select the product variant by clicking on the green plus next to the product variant. Repeat this process until all products for this order are added. Click on Next step at the top at the right of the screen to continue to the next step.
Select the shipping method for this orde by clicking on it. Then click on Next step at the top at the right of the screen to continue to step 5. If no option is displayed, add a shipping method first, through SYSTEM > SETTINGS > SHOP SETTINGS > Shipment methods in the left menu. You will reach this page directly from step 4 by clicking on Add new shipping method. If you have created (a) shipping method(s), check whether the customer’s address has been filled in completely and whether a shipping method has been created for the country in which the customer resides and the shipment weight.
Select the payment method for the order by clicking on it. Then click Finish to create the quote. If no option is displayed, add a payment method first, through SYSTEM > SETTINGS > PAYMENT SETTINGS > Payment providers in the left menu. You will reach this page directly from step 5 by clicking on Add new payment method.
- After clicking Finish in step 5 the quote is created. The overview looks the same as an order without the possibility to add invoices and packing slips. You can still change the quote. Send the quote to the customer by clicking Action > Send quote at the top at the right of the screen.
- If the quote is finished you can convert it to an order by clicking Convert to order at the top at the right of the screen. You will be taken directly to the order dashboard. Note: You cannot change the quote anymore once it's converted to an order. Order cannot be modified.
To convert a quote to an order
When the customer is ready, you can convert a quote to an order. You can't change a quote after you convert it to an order.
- On the left menu of the Back Office click Orders and at the top of the screen click Quotes.
- Click the quote you want to work with and process the order.