Webmaster Tools by Google give you detailed reports about your store's page views in Google. You can see how Google indexes your online store and view detailed information about any search issues for your store.
You can check, classify and download data about internal and external links to your online store, and see which Google search queries lead to your online store. You can also tell Google how you want indexed URLs to be displayed.
Adding Webmaster Tools
- Sign on to or create a Google account and go to Google Search Console.
- Enter the URL of your online store.
- At the top of the screen click Alternative methods.
- Select the HTML tag option. Add meta tags to the homepage of your site. They will now be displayed and can look like this, for example:
The only information required from the tag is the code between quotes, in this case +nxGUDJ4QpAZ5l9Bsjdi102tLVC21AIh5d1Nl23908vVuFHs34=
<META NAME="google-site-verification" CONTENT=" +nxGUDJ4QpAZ5l9Bsjdi102tLVC21AIh5d1Nl23908vVuFHs34="/>
- Copy this code.
- On the left menu of the eCom Back Office click Settings and from Website Setting choose Web Extras.
- In the Google Search Console area enter the code in the Meta tags section. You can add several meta tags, but only one code per line.
- Activate Status and save your changes.