With quantity discounts, the more of an item a customer purchases, the cheaper the item becomes. You can configure quantity discounts per product variant or for an entire product group. You can also offer a variety of quantity discounts per product variant.
To create a quantity discount
- In the left menu of Back Office go to Products and choose the product you want to work with.
- In the Quantity Discounts area click Add discount and configure the discount.
- Quantity - Quantity customers have to order to receive a discount.
- Price/percentage - To give a price discount, enter the discounted price customers will pay per item. To give a percentage discount enter the percentage you are discounting each item by. You cannot choose both options.
- Variant - If you want to discount variants of the product, choose the variants the discount applies to. If you have product variants with different prices, create a quantity discount for each variant.
- Customer group - You can offer a quantity discount to all of your customers, or a select group, such as your loyal customers, or when a certain amount is spent monthly. Does the quantity discount apply to a specific group of customers only? If so, navigate to SHOP > Customers in the left menu of the back office and create the group in the Customer groups tab.
- Price/percentage - You can set a quantity discount of a price or a percentage, linked to the Price/percentage field.
- Valid from/Expires at - Choose the time period for the discount.
- Save your changes.