Lightspeed eCom includes many automatic emails. You may not want to use all of the emails that are available. You can prevent automatic email messages from being sent to customers.
Note: Be careful considering which emails you disable. You may think that some email messages are unnecessary, however, customers may expect them.
We recommend that you do not disable these emails:
- Customer approved - If you own a B2B store. Otherwise, customers will not receive an email that their request has been approved. They might think it was rejected.
- Newsletter double opt-in - If you want your customers to subscribe to your newsletter. They will have to confirm their subscription through the confirm URL listed in this email message (key).
- Notify customer - If you want to send customers a message with the Notify customer button on the order dashboard.
- Offer - If you use the Back Office to create offers for your customers. They will not receive email messages containing offers.
- Order cancelled + credit note - To ensure customers receive credit invoices.
- Order confirmation - To notify customers that their order was placed successfully.
- Order sent - To notify customers that their package is on the way.
- Order track and trace - If you use Track & Trace codes. Otherwise, this email message will never be sent.
- Account password - To ensure that customers receive an email if they forget their password.
To disable automatic emails
- On the left menu of the Back Office click Settings and from Website Settings choose Notification Emails.
- Open the email you want to disable, for example, Customer approval.
- Remove the text in the Title and Contents field.
- Click Save at the bottom of the screen.