Create custom fields to offer customers choices for products such as text to be engraved or printed, delivery times, and options such as size, color and material.
- On the left menu of Back Office click Products > Custom fields.
- At the top of the screen click Add new set.
- You can enter a name for the set of custom field. The name of the set is used to organize products and is not visible to customers.
- Click Save sets.
- In the Custom Fields area click Add custom field.
- Name of custom field – Enter the name of the custom field such as size or color. This name will be visible on product pages in your online store.
- Required – Activate if you want this to be a required field that customers must complete before they can place their order.
- Choose the type of custom field you are adding.
- Text field - Enables customers to have products engraved or printed. You can configure a character limit. Customers can enter alphanumerical characters, digits, spaces, punctuation marks and symbols.
- Text Area - Enables customers to enter their own text, for example for tickets or cards. There is no character limit. Do not use this field for products such as engravings or prints.
- Drop-down - Creates a drop-down menu that customers can select one option from, such as size, color or material.
- Multiple select - Creates a menu that customers can select one or more items from by Ctrl + clicking. Use this if you sell products that customers can select options for, such as a gift basket.
- Radio buttons - Select this to offer your customers one option only, such as Yes or No for whether to gift-wrap an item.
- Check box - Select this so that customers can switch an option on or off, or choose from several options for a product.
- Date - Creates drop-down menus for selecting day, month and year, a handy feature if you sell jewelry that can be engraved, such as wedding rings.
- Date & time - Creates drop-down menus for selecting day, month, year and time. Useful for new parents who want to order printed announcements of the birth of their baby.
- Time - Creates drop-down menus selecting a point in time, for example for specifying when to deliver an ordered lunch or dinner.
- Add values for the Select, Multiple select, Radio button and Checkbox fields. For a Text field, enter the maximum number of characters. Click the custom field and enter the maximum number of characters, including spaces.
Options with values
- Title - Enter a title. To create a drop-down menu with sizes, enter a size per value, such as S, M, L, XL, OS.
- Value - Enter a price only if it differs from the default price set up at in a product's details in the Inventory & Variants area. Add a positive value to add to the standard price of a product or a negative value to deduct from the price.
- Type - The price entered in the Price field can be used in calculations as an amount or percentage. For example, a value of 2, can be an additional €2 or 2%.
- Add value - Create a new line for each value. For example, for a drop-down menu with sizes, each size category, S, M, L and XL, has its own line with Title, Price and Price type fields.