Placing videos works best if they originate from video sites such as YouTube. To do this, you will need a so-called embed code. This goes as follows:
YouTube embed code
- Go to the YouTube website and select a video you want to place in your online store.
- Click Share below the video.
- A pop-up window containing a link will open. Above the link, you will find some social media channels and three links: Share this video, Embed and E-mail.
- Click Embed.
- A pop-up window containing an iframe code (also called embed code) will open. You will need this code.
- Copy the code. After doing so, you will be explained how to place it in your online store.
Placing a video in your online store
- Use the back office of your online store to navigate to the text or product page where you would like the video placed, for example the About us page.
- Move the cursor to the text field, recognizable by the big white area where you can enter text. Click the HTML button above it. A pop-up window will open, where you can past the embed code. Click Update to add the video in question.
- Save the page to place the video in your online store.
Modifying video dimensions
If the video is too big/small for the location where you want to place it, you can modify its dimensions by changing the embed code.
Your code will look like this:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/video_ID" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
The first line describes the dimensions of the video in question. In the example above, the video has a width of 560 pixels and a height of 315 pixels. You can change these dimensions by putting a different number between the quotes, like:
<iframe width="300" height="169" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/video_ID" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Note: Make sure to maintain the dimension ratio when you modify the dimensions of a video (i.e. enlarge/scale down width and height with the same factor), so it will retain its rectangular format.