When you start an online store, you will have to offer your customers the possibility to pay you for their orders. For this, SEOshop provides a variety of payment methods. The overview of payment service providers (PSPs) SEOshop collaborates with, can be called up through GENERAL > Settings > Checkout & Payment Methods > Payment Methods in the left menu of the back office. It is not possible to offer your customers other payment methods.
Before you can offer one or a number of the listed payment methods, you will have to enter into an agreement with the PSP in question. With this, it is important that you indicate your intention to start an online store through SEOshop. After signing the contract a number of settings have to be configured with the PSPs involved, as well as with SEOshop, before your customers can actually pay online.
Payment method settings
Some PSPs require a URL to connect payment methods. This may involve several different URLs, such as Success, Notify and Error. You will find these URLS on the overview page of your payment methods, through GENERAL > Settings > Checkout & Payment Methods > Payment Methods in the left menu of the back office. The following providers require this/these URL(s):
CIC Pi@ement iClear
If a PSP requires additional data besides the URL to establish the connection with your online store in SEOshop, then they may be found through GENERAL > Settings > Checkout & Payment Methods > Payment Methods in the left menu of the back office.
Configuring payment methods in SEOshop
When you have a contract with a PSP or bank and have configured all settings required there, you subsequently have to configure all required parameters with SEOshop. Navigate to GENERAL > Settings > Checkout & Payment Methods > Payment Methods in the left menu of the back office to configure the settings of your payment methods. You will find the following fields:
- Status - Before a payment method can be used, you first have to activate it by ticking its corresponding check box.
- Minimum amount - Enter the minimum amount here that your customers will have to spend if they want to use the payment method in question.
- Maximum amount - Enter the maximum amount you will allow your customers to spend using the payment method in question.
- Extra costs (fixed amount) - Activate this option if you want to charge extra costs for the use of a given payment method. An input field appears, where you can specify an amount which will be added to the total order amount.
- Extra costs (percentage) - The same as above, but now the surcharge will be passed on as a percentage of the total order amount. You can specify the percentage in the input field (numerical values only).
- Extra costs (taxes) - Activate this option if you want to charge VAT for the use of a given payment method. A drop-down menu appears, where you can select the applicable rate. If you do not see rates listed or the desired rate is missing, create them/it through GENERAL > Settings > Country settings > Tax in the left menu of the back office.
- No extra costs above - If you charge extra costs and have filled one of the fields above, after activating this option you can indicate here from which amount spent your customers will not have to pay these costs.
- Extensive pricing - Here you can configure the above-mentioned options per individual payment method. For example, you can configure that people will have to pay an additional fee of € 0.10 for using their credit card. If you would like to grant a discount for choosing a particular payment method, enter a minus sign (-) before the amount. For example, you have configured that your payment methods charge an additional fee of € 0.10, but now you would like to offer payment through iDeal for free. In that case, enter -0.10 in the iDeal option field.
- Mode - If you are still busy testing a given payment method, switch its mode to Test. Depending on the PSP in question, you will receive special test codes. When your store has gone live and your customers can make purchases, switch the mode to Live.
- Input fields for connection codes - Besides the standard options mentioned above, other input fields may be required per individual PSP. You will find these between the Mode and Payment methods options. They have a different name and meaning with each individual PSP. With Buckaroo BP3 for example, they are named Website key and Secret key. PSPs use these fields to establish a connection with your online store in SEOshop. If connection codes assigned by a particular PSP do not work, please contact its help desk to check your codes.
- Payment methods – Tick the payment methods here for which you have signed a contract with the associated PSP.