When you use the Playful theme [no longer available in the theme store], you will also have social media plugins for Facebook and Twitter at your disposal. By default, these plugins refer to SEOshop, but you can easily modify them to your own settings.
You can connect to Facebook through GENERAL > Design > Settings in the left menu of the back office.
Connecting Facebook is fairly easy. The only items you need are a Facebook account and the link to it.
With this, there are two possible URLs:
the URL contains your user account, for example https://www.facebook.com/SEOshop. In that case, only copy the user name and paste it in the back office.
the URL contains digits, for example https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kaleidoscope-Skateboards-Netherlands/335962036529465. In that case, only copy the digits and paste them in the back office.
You can connect to Twitter through GENERAL > Design > General > Settings in the left menu of the back office, as follows:
- Go to the Twitter website and login with the account you would like connected to your online store.
- Click Settings at the right at the top of the screen.
- Select Settings in the drop-down menu.
- A new page opens. Click Widget in the menu at the left.
- Click New widget to create a new widget.
- You will be taken to the edit page of the widget. Configure its settings as desired and click Create widget.
- A code will now be generated for you. In this code you must copy the digit combination after data-widget-id. You will not need the remainder of the code.
- Paste the digit sequence in the Twitter widget ID field underneath the Social bar caption, through GENERAL > Design > General > Settings in the left menu of the back office.
Reduce the Twitter widget size
The Twitter widget has a default height of 600px. Within SEOshop, it is not possible to reduce the widget size.
- Go to http://twitter.com
- Click the gear wheel icon at the right at the top (Settings).
- Click Settings in the drop-down menu.
- The Settings page now opens. At the left side of the screen you will see a menu. Click the Widgets option in it.
- Click Edit next to the previously created widget.
- You can now configure the widget settings. Enter a value of 300 in the Height field to have the Twitter widget displayed in the same height as the Facebook widget. Do you prefer another size? Just enter the desired height.
- Click Save changes to modify the widget.